Old October 23rd 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default How can this be? Amplifier for sale

geek wrote:
Ebay doesn't care.

They have won in court against illegal knockoffs and counterfeit items and
is only recently banning ivory due to political pressure, not legalities.

This is sadly true. Ebay does take illegal linears more seriously than
most things, but it's true that if a person is a big seller that makes
a lot of money for Ebay they seem willing to look the other way on just
about anything.

Anyways, why do you care? I know a tonne of DIY'ers capable of making
these that would exceed FCC and UL spec and they never had a ham
license.

Oh, I am sure they would exceed FCC specs... by about 996 watts.

The "Old Boy's Club" is gone, sorry.

That doesn't mean illegal activity should be condoned, sorry.
--scott