Old October 23rd 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
k3hvg k3hvg is offline

Default SX-42 for $2250.00 how did I miss it?

Henry Kolesnik wrote:
To me it looks like a radio out of a chicken coop with a label and some
propaganda to make it seem like it's valuable..
So what if Fermi touched it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/1949-University-...QQcmdZViewItem

Well, why would anyone have ultimate confidence that it is the same
receiver, at all? Sans a record of the serial number purchased/assigned
to the project, there is simply no telling. Secondly, the "cyclotron"
decal is affixed on top of some chassis blemish not visible of the
historical photo. The new-looking, unmolested-by-time decal was
obviously installed some time after the blemish appeared, who knows
when. Sorry folks, this one would not pass the authenticity sniff test
much less pass muster on the "Road Show". de K3HVG