Old October 24th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Paul Hovnanian P.E. Paul Hovnanian P.E. is offline

Default 868MHz Propagation problem

dgleeson422111 wrote:

Hi Guys

Thanks for your input on this.

The idea of height being a problem is interesting. The radio in the
office is on the 1st floor (i.e above the ground by one floor).

If the antenna were at the same height would the problem go away?

We will test and see

If I remember my antenna/propagation theory correctly, such a change
should affect both the transmit and receive gains equally. That is to
say, if moving the office antenna lower will reduce its transmit range,
it will also reduce its receive range.

What you are looking for is something that is reducing the office end
transmit power while leaving its receive sensitivity intact. Someone
else suggested an SWR problem due to near field interference with the
antenna.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Don't anthropomorphize computers. They hate that.