Old October 26th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mike Coslo Mike Coslo is offline

Default Antenna design question

"R. Fry" wrote in :

"Michael Coslo"
I'm still left with the increased bandwidth phenomenon. None of the
above would seem to account for this.

The reactance of a conductor with a relatively large cross-section
changes slower with a change in frequency than one having a small
cross-section.

Therefore its impedance bandwidth remains below a given limit over a
greater frequency span than one of a smaller cross-section.

I understand all that. I am however getting the feeling that we don't
understand just "why" that happens.

- 73 d eMike N3LI -