Old October 26th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default 868MHz Propagation problem

W3CQH wrote:

[...]

its interesting that a commercial company would bring a problem such as this
to a bunch of amateur radio operators... true some of the amateurs may be
professional engineers, but the remainder are not! I guess that in today's
market place we try to gain information on the dirt and cheap way.

Nah, that's ok. Every one of us occasionally runs into an unusual
situation. Then one can either stew on it for days without getting to
the ground of it, or ask. IMHO it is a sign of maturity if somebody has
the guts to say "Hey, guys, this problem here really has us puzzled".

That is especially true for EMI cases and this sure looks like one.
Sometimes a brief hint by someone who has been in the trenches for
decades can get things going again. And most older ham radio operators
had that exposure, fixing the neighbor's electronics because their
manufacturers messed up.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/