Old August 9th 03, 03:49 AM
Bob Yates

Paul Burridge wrote:

The question seems daft, but bear with me, gentlemen. Has anyone ever
had an electric shock that they feel lucky to have survived?

p.
--

"I believe history will be kind to me, since I intend
to write it." - Winston Churchill

Nothing like that, yet.

Rewired some factory emergency lights and replaced several more, one leg
of a 480V circuit, live. Work careful and no problems.

Removing a high-pressure bulb from a high-voltage circuit, glass
envelope broke in my hand while trying to unscrew it, didn't know I
could move that fast.

Rewiring a conveyor, co-worker said the power was off, sparks flew when
I cut the cable. I just stared at the remains of my pliers and then at
him. ONE HAND in contact with the work, nothing else, work on insulated
surface, heavy rubber sole boots, and anything else I can think of.

Worked at one plant that had had a color blind electrician, that really
taught me caution, never knew what color wired carried what voltage.