Old October 27th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default PBS/NPR "Public" Educational FM Radio Stations should copy the CBC{Canada} by Re-Broadcast International Shortwave Radio "Over-Night"

Bob Campbell wrote:
"SW4ever" wrote in message
RNW message site actually had someone APOLOGIZE for getting mad at
them for trashing SW broadcasts to North America.
Ooooo does baby wantum botoo ??
And I don't
want to hear any of their guff that no enough people listen to SW,
because it JUST AIN'T SO.

Of course its true. Radio listening in general is declining, SW
listening in particular is about dead. Do you think all SW stations
cutting back/dropping programs to North America is a coincidence? No
one is listening in the U.S. anymore. Everyone is listening to crystal
clear internet radio, satellite radio or ipods. No one cares about
noisy, static filled, fading SW broadcasts anymore. That is 100 year
old technology, and its time has passed.

All of the big SW stations have nice, clear internet feeds now. Do
what I do, listen there. For that real, nostalgic feeling, I feed the
internet audio signal into one of my Part 15 AM transmitters, and
rebroadcast it to my tube radios.

Yes, it was cool 40 years ago when I got my first SW radio, and I now
have more radios than you can imagine. The only thing I use them for
nowadays is to receive my own broadcasts from my own transmitters, and
listening to football or baseball games. Other than that, radio sucks
big time these days.

PBS/NPR "Public" Educational FM Radio Stations
should copy the CBC {Canada} and re-broadcast
some of the major International Shortwave Radio
Broadcasters in their 10PM to 5AM "Over-Night"
Time Slot :

Note - PBS/NPR has de-facto Programming Control
over 2964 "Public" FM Radio Stations
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/totals/bt080630.html
=IF= Only 10% ~300 "Public" FM Radio Stations
carried the "Today's World News from Your World
Over-Night"© Program and all the major {Top 100]
US Metro Areas were covered then America would
be getting the Message of Shortwave via the FM
Radios in their Homes and Cars and at Work during
the NightShift. Shortwave as a Media may be
indeed Dying -but- The Un-Cut Message of Shortwave
can expanded in the USA via the Public FM Radio
Stations.

BBC = England/UK
RNW + DW + RFI + REE = EuroLand
CBC + RMI North America
Radiobrás +RHC = South America Carribean
CRI + NHK = Asia
VOR = Russian Federation
AIR = India
Channel Africa = Africa
KOL + Radio Cairo = Middle East
http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Shortw.../Broadcasters/

CBC Radio One
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBC_Radio_One

CBC Radio "Overnight"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBC_Radio_Overnight

shortwave radio it's about hearing the un-cut
and un-edited message from the source
and hearing many sources ~ RHF