Old October 28th 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jay in the Mojave Jay in the Mojave is offline

Default WWII Direction Finder Fix

Hello All:

I believe there was a posting here or maybe even in QST that talked
about problems with Radio Direction Finders in aircraft and ships before
WWII time frame. And the fix to repair them so that the Radio Direction
Finders (RDF) did not point 180 degree's the wrong direction.

I am researching information on the WWII Aviation Rescue Boats, (AVR's)
83 and 104 Ft long, Boats used by the US Army during WWII.

I spent 5 years on a 104 AVR Boat, converted into a Commercial Fishing
Boat for Albacore Tuna from 1966 to 1970 as a teen ager.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here's a link that shows some of the AVR Boats and spec's.
http://www.warboats.org/crashboat.htm

Jay