Old October 30th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Philippe Signoret Philippe Signoret is offline

Default Building a repeater

Hello all.

I am trying to build a simple repeater system. This is how I have it
set up:

Kenwood TK-7102 receives on on frequency #1 and is connected to Yaesu
FT-1802 which transmits on frequency #2.

The Carrier Operated Relay output of the Kenwood is connected to the
PTT input on the Yaesu. This works perfectly.

The problem is with the audio. I tried connecting the audio output to
the Mic input on the Yaesu. The result is the audio with a horrible,
high-pitched warble in the background. Any ideas?

I've tried connecting to different audio outputs that I can find in
the service manual, but they all have the same problem.

Thanks!

Philippe Signoret