Old October 30th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] jimmie68@gmail.com is offline

Default Building a repeater

On Oct 30, 10:57*am, Philippe Signoret
wrote:
Hello all.

I am trying to build a simple repeater system. This is how I have it
set up:

Kenwood TK-7102 receives on on frequency #1 and is connected to Yaesu
FT-1802 which transmits on frequency #2.

The Carrier Operated Relay output of the Kenwood is connected to the
PTT input on the Yaesu. This works perfectly.

The problem is with the audio. I tried connecting the audio output to
the Mic input on the Yaesu. The result is the audio with a horrible,
high-pitched warble in the background. Any ideas?

I've tried connecting to different audio outputs that I can find in
the service manual, but they all have the same problem.

Thanks!

Philippe Signoret

You may have a ground loop problem. I suggest the use of an isolation
transformer between the transmitter and receiver. Also pay attention
to signal levels, an attenuator be may be required to achive the
proper audio input level to the transmitter.

Jimmie