Old November 1st 08, 05:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
RFI-EMI-GUY RFI-EMI-GUY is offline

Default weller EC2002C soldering station

Ralph Mowery wrote:
I was given this Weller soldering station. The display is not working. It
does flash 888 on it when first turned on. The tip does heat up, but I have
not determined if I can vary the heat or not. Also have an extra soldering
pencle that plugs in it. Changed them to see if the display would light,
but it didnot. Any hints on it ?

Also how do I open it up ? Screws under the 4 rubber feet ?

I have same model unit with same exact problem. Yest it does regulate
the temperature. I haven't figured out the display problem either and
the thermistor in the iron seems to "ohm out" properly. Let me know what
you find. I never could find schematics for it. I used it just today on
a PIC project. Shame to throw it out, but I would like to read the
temperature.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©