Old November 1st 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Grumpy The Mule Grumpy The Mule is offline

Default weller EC2002C soldering station

I think something is getting hung during the self-test. It should
flash 888 for two seconds at start-up. The sensor is a platinum
RTD. Pretty fancy for a soldering iron! Too bad this model has
earned a reputation for being unreliable.

There's a "tech sheet" with trouble shooting info but I've never
found it online.

We had one of these irons at work and replaced it with a WTCP
station.

RFI-EMI-GUY wrote in
:

I have same model unit with same exact problem. Yest it does regulate
the temperature. I haven't figured out the display problem either and
the thermistor in the iron seems to "ohm out" properly. Let me know
what you find. I never could find schematics for it. I used it just
today on a PIC project. Shame to throw it out, but I would like to
read the temperature.