Old November 2nd 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Antonio Vernucci Antonio Vernucci is offline

Default WWII Direction Finder Fix

Antonio Vernucci, I0JX US call: K0JX
Beacons: 50.004 MHz & 70.088 MHz
Home page: http://www.qsl.net/i0jx
e-mail: k0jx {at} amsat {dot} org
"Jay in the Mojave" ha scritto nel messaggio
umnetworking...
Hello All:

I believe there was a posting here or maybe even in QST that talked about
problems with Radio Direction Finders in aircraft and ships before WWII time
frame. And the fix to repair them so that the Radio Direction Finders (RDF)
did not point 180 degree's the wrong direction.

I am researching information on the WWII Aviation Rescue Boats, (AVR's) 83 and
104 Ft long, Boats used by the US Army during WWII.

I spent 5 years on a 104 AVR Boat, converted into a Commercial Fishing Boat
for Albacore Tuna from 1966 to 1970 as a teen ager.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here's a link that shows some of the AVR Boats and spec's.
http://www.warboats.org/crashboat.htm

Jay