Old November 4th 08, 10:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce[_17_] dxAce[_17_] is offline

Default What will happen on SW after the election

BCBlazysusan wrote:

On Nov 3, 11:18 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,

Drifter wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
"Brenda Ann" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
.
..
In article ,
"Brenda Ann" wrote:

"BCBlazysusan" wrote in message
On Nov 2, 9:08 pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
wrote in message

..
.
On Nov 2, 5:04 pm, Telamon
wrote:
SNIP

At last, I am a centrist, and a Constitutionalist. I was fully prepared
vote for Ron Paul, but with such a poor showing, was not going to just
throw
my vote away (the USPS did it FOR me, however)
I'm sorry to hear that Brenda.
That I was going to vote for Ron Paul, or that I didn't get the chance to
vote at all? (USPS BYTES)

I'm sorry that you did not get a chance to vote.

Sorry here too Brenda. back a few years, you could take your passport
to an American embassy, and fill out what they called an embassy ballet.
if i remember, up to the first of Nov. and it would go out by cable, or
telex, or the famous embassy pouch. for some strange reason, R.R.
stopped it. after all these years i still get a kick when i vote, makes
me feel good inside.

You bet. Tomorrow I go to my polling place to vote and be a part of the
process.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California- Hide quoted text -

I am going to say this, I have never stated this (I don't think- may
be wrong) on the internet but this is unfortunately the real way I
feel. I just have never been convinced that my vote could 'literally'
decide who is going to be the Commander in Chief. If I am wrong there
then there is someone out there- whoever they are- that at that exact
moment of counting the votes is the one that is choosing the leader of
the free world. I really (unfortunately) believe the saying that "If
voting "truly" made a difference, the government would outlaw it." I
may ruffle some feathers by saying that, but I have had the sneaking
suspicion that voting is one of the greatest hoaxes (among others)
that the gubiment ever created. I don't know. I hope and pray I am
wrong, but the government doesn't allow "The People" to decide
anything ie; The Bailout etc. etc. etc. They don't trust that people
can make the right decisions for themselves so they are the ones that
do it irregardless what the people really want or what makes them more
affluent. I don't know- hope I didn't upset anyone too terribly bad
but I just felt the need to say it. duck- n- cover

1 (one) vote may not count for all that much out of millions of votes, but what if
all of the people who think that their 1 (one) vote doesn't count don't vote?

Elections can, and are, lost because of all the individuals who think that their 1
(one) vote doesn't count.

Go Vote!

And vote NoBama!