Old November 6th 08, 09:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Lafayette HA-350 preselector capacitor.

I received an HA-350 that had been dropped on it's preselector knob. The
capacitor is broken. Opening the radio and moving it to the unmeshed position
(7 mHz) shows that the radio does work, quite well in fact. However it can
not receive anything on any other bands.

I have the manual, but it does not give any description of the capacitor.

Anyone have any specs besides it's a dual air variable? My guess is that it's
a 365uuf capacitor as they were common items when the radio was made.

Anyone have one to spare they would be willing to donate to restoring the
radio, or a source for them?

Thanks,

Geoff.