Old November 5th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier Mark Zenier is offline

Default What will happen on SW after the election

In article ,
Dave wrote:
Even in the unlikely event that a new Fairness Doctrine would mandate
anything more than a standing offer of airtime for opposing viewpoints,
it would only apply to over-the-air broadcasts on the public airwaves;
cable TV and the internets would be unaffected. Nobody listens to the
radio anymore anyway.

An interesting observation. When McCain's consession speach got down
to the "thanking his campaign manager's dog" point, I did a band scan
of both the AM and FM bands. There were a dozen or so broadcasts of
the speech on the AM band from stations biased to all different points
of the politcal spectrum, but only two or three on on the FM band
and they were either on local NPR or the CBC. FM was business as usual,
(robot pop/country/rock-oldies music where I live), no way to tell that
anything was happening in the real world. (Public service, my ass.
To Hell with corporate radio).

Mark Zenier