Old November 6th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Ham Radio Projects" 1968 by Bert Simon Page 105.

NoSPAM wrote:
I was going to suggest checking used book dealers. At least two copies of
the book are available, but the booksellers must think the book is for glass
audio sudiophools. The prices are $97.95 and $120 respectively! [Prairie
Wind, Eldora, IA and Bank of Books, Ventura, CA] IMHO, these prices are
ridiculous.

For only a few pages, I suggest contacting the Library of Congress. Their
call number is TK9956 .S525. The listed full title is "104 ham radio
projects for novice & technician". You can contact the LOC directly or you
can go through your local library.

I remember a book like this published by Tab Books.... but I don't recall
anything using the 117V filament tubes, I remember a design instead using
a TV sweep tube for about 10W of hot chassis goodness.

I also remember a design for a 2M converter using a compactron tube, which
I built and which was really a good performer.

Is this the same book? I also recall it as being remarkably free of typos
for a Tab publication.
--scott