Old August 11th 03, 01:31 PM
Ian White, G3SEK

Paul Burridge wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 00:09:28 +0100, "Mike Gilmour"
wrote:

When I worked as an RO in the Merchant Navy I found I could light my
cigarette by holding on to the overhead copper aerial feeder while
simultaneously keying the transmitter on MW (say 480 or 512 Khz) ....only
when I couldn't find my lighter. Kinda daft in retrospect...and chuckle to
think I eventually won a safety award ;-)

There's a future for you at Springfield Nuclear Power Plant. :-)

As Homer would insist: "Get it right - it's noocular, noocular."

It's always worried me, the way The Nuclear Briefcase gets handed to
people who can't even pronounce it.

Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek