Old November 9th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Grumpy The Mule Grumpy The Mule is offline

Default LC calculation

Howdy,

Oh, ok! I have seen a tapped down band spread capacitor
circuit so I assumed...

I wonder why they did that? Oh, looking at it the another
way, the grid impedance loading the parallel tuned circuit
is transformed by the turns ratio. Probably to provide
some voltage gain from that stage.

If the capacitance of the grid is negligible, then the
resonance is determined by the inductance from the
portion of the winding paralleled by the variable capacitor.

If you want to include the grid capacitance in parallel
with the variable capacitor, multiply it by the turns
ratio. Otherwise the solution is essentially the same.

73,
Grumpy

exray wrote in
:

Thanks Grump...gonna save that for my files but I think I need to
clarify my question. One cap only...not one across the tank and
another on the tap although thats an interesting idea. Maybe this
schematic will help.

http://www.antiqueradios.org/gazette/pix/sw3-1sch.jpg