Old November 11th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
JIMMIE[_2_] JIMMIE[_2_] is offline

Default Article about a portable PC that runs on 12v?

On Nov 10, 8:43*pm, Bob wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
They are a great little PC at a GREAT price. They are not selling so
hot,

They might not be selling where you live, but over here in the UK the shops
can't get enough of them. *The Linux ones are outselling the XP ones by a
factor of 4 to 1 - partly because of the price, and partly because the
performance with XP is pretty bad, especially when you add all that
anti-virus nonsense.

I just got four of the 10" for £135 each (about $200). *They run Xandros Linux
and are excellent for most computer users - you can browse web pages, write
and receive email and type documents with just the basic supplied software.
Performance is amazingly quick, and you don't need to worry about viruses..
There are lots of ham radio programs available free on the 'net for them....

Bob

I know I dont have a problem with Linux either but casual users here
in the
states are afraid of it. I use Linux or various versions daily at work
and love
it. They are selling for about $270 here in the states. Still a
bargain. I was in
the process of building a car PC but that project ended when I found
net-
books.

Jimmie