Old November 12th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
k3hvg k3hvg is offline

Default WTB: FT-243 3885 KHz Crystal

HAMGUY wrote:
Wanted FT-243 3885 KHz crystal

Thanks for reading

---------------
HAMGUY

If you can find one of the original military test frequency crystals for
3885, that's fine. If not, I can recommend MH Crystals in Rancho
Cucamonga, CA. I've tried some of those miniature xtals stuffed inside
FT-243's and found that some kind of work, others don't. Also, its
almost impossible to use oscillator keying when you use them as they
whoop and stumble into oscillation (IF they oscillate, at all). MH uses
a large blank crystal in an HC-6 holder with FT-243 pins. I use them in
the BC-669, etc. which have high crystal current. They do just fine.
The cost is about $14 each. Just ask for the standard FT-243 spec with
32pf capacitance.