Old November 12th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Stacking beams

"Gary Smith" wrote in message
Hi, i am going in a VHF/UHF contest this weekend and have a question about
stacking beams.
We will have a pole approx 15-20ft long and want to stack the following
antennas,

1x20 element UHF yagi
1x10 element 2 Metre Yagi
1x5 element 6 Metre Yagi.

UHF yagi is approx 6-8ft long
VHF is approx 6ft long
6M is approx 17ft long

They are all horisontally mounted. I am guessing it will be UHF at top,
then 2 mtr then 6 mtr.
What i would like to know is if this pole is long enough to space them
vertically enough or not.
If so, what distance should they be?

Thanks

Gary
VK3LCD

There seems to be too many elements on the VHF and UHF antennas. I wold
think the booms should be twice as long.

I did not have too much choice when I mounted my antennas on the tower. I
had about 15 feet of pipe out of the top of the tower. I put a M2 432
antenna at the top, went down 4 feet and put a M2 2 meter beam, both had
about a 14 foot long boom. Then 5 feet below that is a 5 element 6 meter
beam on an 18 foot boom and then the triband beam for the low bands. I am
sure they interact to some extent, but they do seem to work ok and not much
interaction of the swr when mounted on the tower. All beams are horizontal.