Old November 13th 08, 07:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Erich Erich is offline

Default Stacking beams

Gary,

For VHF contests I usually put the lowest frequency beam on top. After
doing some modeling with 4NEC2, the higher you get in terms of
wavelengths, the lower your takeoff angle on the radiation.

I also did some modeling to look at the interaction between yagis in a
stack. For your set-up, it looks like the 6M yagi should be at the top,
the 432 in the middle and the 2M at the bottom.

73, N6FD Erich
Usually QRP Portable in DM15 50, 144, 222, 432, 902, and 1296 MHz

Gary Smith wrote:
Hi, i am going in a VHF/UHF contest this weekend and have a question
about stacking beams.
We will have a pole approx 15-20ft long and want to stack the following
antennas,

1x20 element UHF yagi
1x10 element 2 Metre Yagi
1x5 element 6 Metre Yagi.

UHF yagi is approx 6-8ft long
VHF is approx 6ft long
6M is approx 17ft long

They are all horisontally mounted. I am guessing it will be UHF at top,
then 2 mtr then 6 mtr.
What i would like to know is if this pole is long enough to space them
vertically enough or not.
If so, what distance should they be?

Thanks

Gary