Old November 13th 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bw bw is offline

Default SW receivers and moderated forums?

"DougC" wrote in message
Joe Analssandrini wrote:

[head smack] Yea it does, I knew that. I found the info about how to
obtain the Japan-only Sony powered loop...
Maybe I was thinking it didn't have a BNC connector. :P

I won't be getting too ambitious with the antenna any time soon anyway.

The Sony includes a passive (I guess extends 20 feet) roll up wire that will
"clip-on" to the extended whip.
It's reliable, light and works well.

Note that the 3.5 mm external antenna port is rated 75 ohms nominal. I use
it with a home-made "balun" and a straight 80 foot wire from my roof to a
pole. then coax into the house. It cuts down on the noise.
It has about a year of use, no problems, I unplug it when not in use.