Old November 13th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ross Tucker Ross Tucker is offline

Default mechanical coil switching of two coils`

I am almost ready to begin fabrication of a new transmitter that I
have been working on for a long time now. However, one detail is still
eluding me- I would like to use a single rotary switch to select taps
on two different coils. In-line ganged switching would be inconvenient
for my layout. Is it possible to homebrew a mechanical linkage to turn
two switches? I have a front panel and metal deck (vacuum tube
construction style), so I could mount gears and cams and stuff, and my
layout does have a good clear space between the coils, so there is
room. My problem is that I have never read anything about doing this
and don't know where to begin looking for parts, etc. Again, I have
two coils with four taps each for 40, 20, 15, 10m.

Thank you very much for any thoughts on this matter.

73,
Ross, NS7F