Old August 14th 03, 02:21 PM
JCR

Paul Burridge wrote in message . ..
The question seems daft, but bear with me, gentlemen. Has anyone ever
had an electric shock that they feel lucky to have survived?

p.

When I was 14 I used to open an old tube TV,
then I put one hand on the high-voltage tube
that goes to the anode of the TV screen.
There are a few thousand volts here, and I
remember perfectly the two inches spark that went
to my hand before I actually touch the tube.

Fortunately the power is low, and the maximal current
shoud be roughly one mA, or else I wouldn't write it now !