Old November 16th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Southern California Fires

In article
,
barnegatdx wrote:

On Nov 15, 3:29*pm, Telamon
wrote:
Fires are North, South, and East of my location and the humidity is in
the single digits and I'm just a few hundred yards off the beach.

I'm glad I made my trip to LA yesterday and not today.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-firemap,0,6179739.htmlpage

Sounds very bad Telamon;

Do you have a gas mask, just in case ?

It wasn't bad for me this time around as the fires were north and south
of me. None of of it was nearby. I saw smoke over the ocean and a
little made it inland here so you could smell it but it was not bad at
all.

In time past when it is bad you have to close all windows and doors
even if it is hot so it can be miserable. At those times I also turn
on an air cleaner to get rid of the smoke particles.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California