Old November 17th 08, 08:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ian White GM3SEK Ian White GM3SEK is offline

Default weller EC2002C soldering station

Grumpy The Mule wrote:
Howdy,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have posted an image of the
iron at www.dwave.net/~twomules/sterling_iron.jpg

The manufacturer's name is Sterling and it's marked made in
England. The handle is tri-lobular in cross section. In the
handle there is a thermostat which is adjusted by means ofan
allen key and there is a neon bulb indicating the heater status.

I'd like to know if it's still being manufactured.

I used to have one of those, but it didn't last as well as yours did so
it's long gone... along with all memory of the name!

Cross-posted to the good people at uk.d-i-y, some of whom have a
bottomless memory about old tools.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK 'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek