Old November 17th 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Grumpy The Mule Grumpy The Mule is offline

Default weller EC2002C soldering station

Howdy,

Thanks Ian! Sounds like I'm out of luck on buying
a new Oryx 50. The writing on the handle is nearly
worn off. Now I can see why the people at Wahl didn't
know what I was talking about. I had it all wrong.

DOH! I Should have looked carefully at the stand!
It plainly reads ORYX and below that Reading England.
The name is moulded into the black plastic base but
not painted or ink stamped. I just never noticed it
before.

Wahl is still selling their battery powered soldering
iron. I used to own one of those until the nicad's
went bad. They're in Sterling Ill.

73,
Grumpy