Old November 18th 08, 10:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Telstar Electronics Telstar Electronics is offline

Default weller EC2002C soldering station

On Oct 31, 5:47*pm, "Ralph Mowery" wrote:
I was given this Weller soldering station. *The display is not working. *It
does flash 888 on it when first turned on. *The tip does heat up, but I have
not determined if I can vary the heat or not. *Also have an extra soldering
pencle that plugs in it. *Changed them to see if the display would light,
but it didnot. *Any hints on it ?

They gave it to you because Weller stuff is junk. I have seen more
Weller soldering stations fail then I care to remember over the years.
Don't spend a lot of time on it. Break down and buy a Hexacon station.
We have four here. They have worked flawlessly for over ten years with
heavy use.