Old August 16th 03, 05:08 PM
Harry Lippitz

Frank Gilliland wrote
Man, if THIS ain't a trip -- a well-known, over-rated internet homebrew

tech
asking for help for a simple prescaler.

And why not? I am the first to admit lack of experience any a field. You
should not be afraid to ask, either. You learn a lot more than you do when
you simply site there and ridicule people.

... over-rated ...

??? See what I mean ??? Superfluous words conveying no meaning, other than
displaying emotions that one would hide in public to avoid embarrasment.

Hey Harry, don't you know that the basic
freshman-lab-grade Class B or C amplifier is nothing more than a

divide-by-2
counter? If you have a bunch of 2N2222's, 2N2907's, or any transistor with

an Ft
above your high-freq limit, you have a divide-by-(n x 2) counter. Any

homebrewer should know that stuff cause it's basic theory.

Not available in Sweden, just the usual 300MHz unity-gain (BC547, 557, etc),
and the circuit stops operating at about 100MHz when the gain/pcb has become
useless. I need RF transistors that are not available. ELFA only have no RF
small signal devices.

And for you to post such a question in alt.radio.pirate.... that's pretty
pathetic, Harry.

I was a pirate myself, LONG before I became an amateur. I have a lot of
respect for the knowledge and experience of some of these so-called
"pirates". I wonder how just many "pirates" you have spoken to on the HF
bands? Certainly more than 0 and you were not even aware of it.

Very best regards from Harry
( Writing from home this time )
harryvpo (at) hotmail (dot) com