Old November 20th 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default Displacement current

On Nov 19, 8:36*pm, John Smith wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
Art Unwin KB9MZ.......XG..(UK)

Obviously, you will win this one, long past the time we weed out the
idiots ...

When the magnetic field, induced in the skin of the conductor, carrying
the rf field is seen by the inner most material is seen, it will induce
an electric current into the inner most material ... however true this
is, is should be considered "insignificant" to the actual signal which
is finally radiated ... there IS LOSS, yanno'! *I would venture, it ends
up "mostly" heat!

Regards,
JS

Certainly the copper loss is insignificant in the center but the
radiation resistance is only present for half the time (1/2 WL) !
Thus the input energy is half that placed on a full WL as well as the
radiated energy ( I think that is correct) So I suppose you could also
say that the radiation pulse is half the length in time of that from a
full wave antenna.Since the radiation pulse gap is small compared to
what your ear can sample I suppose the same intelligence would get
thru since the sample size is always much larger than what the ear can
interprete. Ofcourse there is the TOA to be considered in any
comparison.This looks all mixed up but I will post it anyway so that
posters will understand what real jabber jabber looks like. If you
look at it from a tank circuit point of view then it really gets
complicated especially this late in the evening
Regards
Art Unwin KB9MZ......(xg)