Old November 20th 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
JIMMIE[_2_] JIMMIE[_2_] is offline

Default Question about unwanted VFO pulling during transmit

On Nov 18, 5:21*pm, Kendal Goodson wrote:
On Nov 18, 1:19*pm, exray wrote:

Kendal Goodson wrote:
Thanks Grumpy. *I'll check supply voltage next. It's not a thermal
problem. *The output is nice and stable until key down when it pulls.
It's also frequency stable during keydown, just on a different
frequency. *The oscillator isn't keyed, so I don't think it's an
oscillator startup issue.

73,
Kenn

I'm missing something. *You said that the 'driver' etc were disconnected
and the osc is not being keyed.

So what is actually being keyed?

-Bill

I see I've done a poor job of writing up the problem statement. *The
VFO at ~3.050 feeds a SA612 whose internal oscillator runs at 4.0 Mhz
and mixes the two to come up with ~7.050Mhz. *Output from the mixer
goes through a tuned bandpass filter to a class A driver and then to a
class C final. *When I found I had a problem with the VFO staying on
frequency during transmit, I disconnected the driver stage and
replaced it with a resistor termination. *The problem stayed
consistent. *The SA612 and the buffer/driver stage are both keyed.

-Kenn- Hide quoted text -

Are you sure its the VFO and not the SA612?

Jimmie