Old November 20th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.swap
Tim Shoppa Tim Shoppa is offline

Default FA: R-390A built by ECA

On Nov 20, 9:54*am, Dave wrote:
Tim Shoppa wrote:
On Nov 20, 8:46 am, Dave wrote:
K wrote:
FA: An excellent R-390A built by ECA
http://tinyurl.com/6ydbsg
What's the green thing by the headphone jack?

A very common modification, especially by the Navy, was to add a jack
there to monitor the diode load voltage, this makes their regular
maintenance much much easier. NAVSHIPS-0967-063-2140 documents this.

Tim N3QE

The NAVSHIPS document states that a Dymo label should be affixed by the
jack.

Related to your other comment, I think that the one on the E-place has
been repainted.

My yellow striper came with the decades-old Dymo stickers still
attached. I swear the glues in modern Dymo labels aren't as good.

Tim.