Old August 18th 03, 12:45 PM
Ian White, G3SEK

Frank Gilliland wrote:
You are entitled to your own opinions about other people's preferences,
Frank, but it's disrespectful to post them here as personal criticisms
(and it doesn't encourage the rest of us to respect you).

Let me ask you a simple question: Suppose someone buys an SP-600,
mounts some chrome knobs, spray-paints his name on the front panel,
then posts on the newsgroup saying, "Hey, look what I built!" Would you
call that "homebrew"?

I honestly don't share that compulsion to classify other people's
projects as either "homebrew" or not.

Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek