Old November 21st 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default new ham magazine

Art Unwin wrote:

I fully agree. 73 and ham radio magazines were not put aside in the
first 30 minuits
as they had a lot of interesting articles. Radcom and QST have just
one article for the ham to read
and the rest is just fluff and district officers reports. The articles
by QST seem to come from a
particular type of ham who agree with the small group of overviews
that pre vet the articles.
How long as it been since you have seen an article about radio that
was contrerversal or even challenging the statuc quo?
You will continue to see articles on code keyers, soldering coax
connectors, power supplies e.t.c for the next decade,
they all abhor change
Art

You said a mouthful which I can agree with. Or, in other words, same
old stuff delivered up one more time ... yawn

It isn't that repeats are not good for the newbies; it is just, they
carry little for those at the other end of the spectrum. But, now and
then they do toss us a bone ...

Regards,
JS