Old November 21st 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Chester Chester is offline

Default Degen DE1123

Headphones Always help;
-- How is it with some random wire hooked to teh Antenna ?

Thanks,

Chester

On Nov 20, 7:37*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
wrote in message

On Nov 20, 7:42 pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:

Last night, I received my Degen DE1123. My opinion of the radio follows..

For a small radio, it seems to do an adequate job of receiving the high
power SW stations.

Ann, does that mean in comparison to DE1102 / 03, SW reception of the
DE1123 is not satisfactory?...

I don't have experience with those radios, so can't venture an opinion of
those vs. the DE1123. *Once I have more time in on this one, I can give a
better idea of reception. Basically what I am saying is, vs. a larger,
better featured radio, this one seems to be lacking. But this isn't a big
surprise, really, as one can't expect a tiny shirt pocket sized radio to
perform up to big radio specs. I'll try some decent headphones/earphones
later today to see if the audio improves. As it sits, the audio is not
pleasant to listen to.