Old November 21st 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Registered User Registered User is offline

Default WTB: FT-243 3885 KHz Crystal

On 21 Nov 2008 10:06:30 -0500, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Jim wrote:
Toothpaste used to work too...

Takes forever, though. Ajax cleanser is faster, then you can use toothpaste
to fine-tune it.

The majority of my crystals were reground into the amateur bands and
more than a few were moved several hundred kcs. My preferred coarse
abrasive is valve grinding compound, specifically Permatex 34A. Once
in the ballpark Roger's Silver Polish or Dremel Polishing Compound is
used to get close. Scouring powder is used for fine-tuning.

73 de n4jvp