Old November 22nd 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
exray[_4_] exray[_4_] is offline

Default Doubling

NoSPAM wrote:

Remember that single ended frequency multiplier stages are usually operated
in Class-C where the nonlinear operation of the stage produces the
harmonics. In a Class-C stage, the grid (of the tube since we are talking
about vintage transmitters) is biased such that the plate current only flows
in short pulses.

Thanks Barry, I get it. I was becoming distracted by some of the old
1930s articles touting the tritet osc for its ability to create more
harmonic output (true) for directly driving following stages.

I suppose thats just another way of reaching the same goal.

(btw, haven't heard from you in years - I recall your great input over
on r.a.r. +p. No, it hasn't changed )

-Bill