Old November 22nd 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Jason2gs Jason2gs is offline

Default Radio Shack Pro-62

I've recently got a hold of my dad's old radio scanner. It's a Radio
Shack Pro-62, and appears to be in complete working condition. I've
been blaming the fact that I haven't been getting any reception on it
to me being very new at this, and probably just inputting bad
frequencies for our area.

I was hoping for some tips on how to get some results. I know the
police change the frequencies often, but if I leave the scanner
scrolling through a few frequencies, I'm bound to hit something,
right? And what do you guys usually listen to? Just curious =)

Also, my dad heard from his friend (Steve Todd) that he modified his
to pick up the "locked out" frequencies. Such as the 87.8-108MHz AM/FM
frequencies used by radio broadcasters. Or the 26-27MHz used by CB.
Have you heard anything about this?

Thanks for reading, please help,

-Mike