Old November 22nd 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
exray[_4_] exray[_4_] is offline

Default SWR meter

I've got a cheapo CB swr meter which I thought might be suitable for
some HF QRP work. Problem is that it is very insensitive on the HF
freqs. Can't even get more than about 20% of the scale with 5 watts on
40 meters.

It uses a stripline for pickup and I'm wondering if maybe I should
replace that with a broadband toroid configuration. Any specific
recommendations? How about adding some gimmick capacitance across the
stripline to increase coupling?

TIA,
Bill WX4A