Old November 23rd 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Can't wait for ibiquitys inflated Christmas sales figures this year!!

In article
,
wrote:

On Nov 22, 4:41*pm, Telamon
wrote:

The last time I looked a few months ago there was still no news of HD
integrated chips on the web sites of the semiconductor manufactures that
made press releases to that effect. All I can find are press releases
that claim future development. I can not find any progress on those
developments so as far as I know they are all vaporware.

No new HD integrated chips = no new low power designed radios.

If anyone has a link to samples, actual production, or data sheets of HD
integrated chips please post a link to them.

SiPort SP1010 chip
http://www.eetimes.com/showArticle.j...leID=210102036

What's interesting is that there is no news on the SiPort web site.

http://www.siport.com/

Once again I can't find any information on this mystery part other than
press releases. Missing in the article is a sales person to contact at
Siport, when samples will be available, how to get samples or production
parts, specifications or a data sheet on the part, etcetera. Still looks
like vaporware to me.

According to other press releases LG-Innotek is sampling its HD Radio
module based on SiPortıs SP1010 single chip HD Radio receiver. The
"module" must be an applications board developed by SiPort as an example
for how a manufacturer would use the part. This is a little strange that
a development board is made for just a single part. There must be some
very specific PCB layout requirements for it to operate correctly.

In any event the first low power application radios may come from LG. A
search of the LG web site only revealed two old articles on HD radio and
nothing on the SiPort chip.

http://www.lginnotek.com/bin/search/search_list.html

I don't know about this, it sure just looks like marketing BS with
nothing substantial to back it up from SiPort, iBiquity, LG.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California