Old November 24th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
K7ITM K7ITM is offline

Default Danby Mirowave Oven = lousy faraday cage

On Nov 23, 4:20*pm, "Alan Cruikshank"
wrote:
I have a Motorola Cordless Phone model SD4551, and a Danby Mirowave oven
model DMW902W(-1). I tried putting the cordless handset into the closed
microwave and sucessfully paged it. Should I be worried?

Typically the RF seal on a microwave oven is resonant, and I would not
be surprised if it leaks RF at frequencies somewhat removed from the
oven operating frequency.

Cheers,
Tom