Old November 23rd 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Campbell Bob Campbell is offline

Default Can't wait for ibiquitys inflated Christmas sales figures this year!!

"Rfburns" wrote in message
Bob, Bob, Bob. You're pathetic! Digital doesn't mean better. I'm
embarrased at you!

For audio/video, it does. Do you think that 100 year old AM technology
can't be improved? Or are you one of those "tubes 4ever" people?

Look, I have loads of tube radios here. More than you can imagine.
Philcos, Zeniths, an E. H. Scott. I listen to them every day, mainly
things that I broadcast myself. Yes, they sound (mostly) very nice. But
if you think digital is not better then you are simply a luddite.

I'm not claiming that the current AM HD system is the best we can do.
Clearly it is not. But at least someone is *trying* to bring AM into the
21st century. We should not be cheering at its failure.