Old November 15th 03, 06:48 PM
WP20032

Default Passive Antenna Repeater Revisited

In recent threads, the subject of auto mounted passive repeaters (an inside
antenna connected to an outside antenna) was discussed, and they were shown to
be pretty much ineffective because of losses. Continuing this discussion in a
slightly different tack, I am wondering how effective such a repeater would be
for a RF tight enclosure such as an RV that has very little leakage because of
screened windows and a metal body.

How would one estimate the amount of loss before the transmitted signal arrived
at the external antenna? Would multipath inside the vehicle affect the
transmitted signal?

This is just a mental exercise, as I have already run coax directly to the rig
from the outside antenna on my trailer.

TIA
--Wayne