Old November 26th 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] garyarnold@aol.com is offline

Default Sangean PR-D5 vs Superadio

On Nov 25, 12:56 pm, Jackson wrote:
Anyone have both of these portable MW heavyweights that can compare
their performance?

I don't have that radio, but I have read the reviews at eham and
amazon and it appears to me you either get a good one or a bad one.
Of course with 2 1/2 inch speakers, the superadio will have superior
sound. Reviews note that the sound on the PR-D5 is NOT full, but
rather crisp. Some reviews say selectivity is poor and the radio
overloads on strong MW signals. Some reviews say the MW sensitivity
is the best they have experienced while others say it is no better
than a cheap $10 radio. Maybe a poor quality control issue.