Old November 27th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JosephKK[_2_] JosephKK[_2_] is offline

Default Life For Your Xtra Digital Clock

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:43:03 -0600, "Howard Kowall"
wrote:

This is not Antenna related,but it applies to Amateur Radio
I had a couple of extra digital clocks at home and I needed two or the ham
shack (Local,UTC)
I wanted both clocks in 24hr mode,so I goggled the clock IC used in the
digital clock,and found most of the using a very general purpose clock IC
and all capable of doing 24hrs format buy a small modification,usually this
mod is just a matter of shorting a couple of pins on the IC
My ic was a LM8560 so all I had to do was jump pins 15 to 28 to make the
clock work in 24hr mode
works great,now all I have to do is glance at the clocks and with an
instance of have both times .I know its an easy conversion to do in you head
but this makes it much more convenient and its a way of using some of the
old stuff around the house and utilizing it rather then throwing it away or
even better having to buy two clocks for the ham shack
Just my contribution to the group
Howard
VE4ISP

I like your attitude.