Old November 29th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default information suppression by universities

JB wrote:

You must be an intellectual. Help me to reason this then.
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Headlines/...aspx?id=336456

I am intellectual enough to recognize something I have never taken an
interest in. I am intellectual enough to recognize something I have
never read on, engaged in discussion upon, and things which invoke and
evoke emotions to cloud the participants into a "religious fervor",
willing to guard and defend their own political beliefs.

And, finally, I am intellectual to recognize something which I have no
intellectual interest in ...

Now, all that said, it would surprise me if one had ALL the facts, data
and knowledge of the evil done, that the KGB should appear any more evil
than the CIA or other related and/or secret arms of their and/or our
governments ... my blind belief that men in power would honor their
duties and responsibilities to the American people has been destroyed.

The time when our nation stood on infallible principals, morals, ethics,
honors and commitments has slowly disappeared until such territories are
loath to intellectuals--other than to demand a return to sanity, truth
in government and the publics right to know, and a fair and just system.

Idiots will see little problem jumping into this quagmire.

P.S. Any of the following, and all, definitions of quagmire will do:

1. an area of miry or boggy ground whose surface yields under the tread;
a bog.
2. a situation from which extrication is very difficult: a quagmire of
financial indebtedness.
3. anything soft or flabby.

Or, intellectuals can tell when an argument or discussion is worth
having; for the rest, there is always Rush Limbaugh.

Regards,
JS