Old November 29th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default information suppression by universities

JB wrote:

I had considered the "good cop", "bad cop" routine, but I really think it
goes back to the "demoralization" and "destabilization" process that you
yourself (and myself) admit to in lost faith, but healthy distrust along
with a sense of reality is vital, but not to the point of being crippled.

Rush noticed that what's "good" for the Country is "bad" for the democrats
and what's "bad" for the Country is "good" for the democrats. It isn't lost
on me that "when it bleeds it leads". Who for example is responsible for
those who apply psychological pressure to "known" gun owners to induce them
to random mass murder? Who would that benefit? There are many cynical
people out there with a sick sense of humor. Your assertion that real
change would bring collapse is too cynical and I wouldn't set myself up to
be wrong unless there is a complete failure. That just gives us the wrong
goal. Seek God. I know you hate "religion" but rather than seeking as a
blind follower, seek as a researcher. Set those things aside that you don't
immediately understand but don't entirely dismiss them. That is simply
arrogance. The intellectual is a fathead who completely dismisses that
which he doesn't understand or what is related to him by the unschooled.
Those who do that operate contrary to the scientific method. Even a failed
experiment shouldn't be thrown out, but learned from. Or saved until the
failure is understood.

In light of that, "The Interview" link I posted earlier, the true threat is
the cynicism that developed that whole school of thought. It is a process
of destruction. Not only that, but of unchecked destruction.

"What is good for the country" is a religious term, the way it is being
used lacks any real meaning ...

"The country" is its' citizens. It is not the buildings, it is not the
wealth, it is not plots of dirt ... when our public servants carry out
the majority of the people wills, while preventing great harm to
minorities, it is doing its' job. Government was created to serve the
people. It was never created to be an institution of "leaders" who set
policy, define monetary systems, influence the people, etc. It was
created to provide what the people requested, it is ONLY a tool which is
only valid when it is suffer-able to the people.

Government does a good job when it provides public transportation
systems, public roads, public sewer system, public water supplies,
public electric/gas/heating/etc. Public schools with high standards,
and those standards controlled by the people, is a good thing. Public
health is another good example, it protects us from ill individuals who
are threats to innocents lives. You get the point--only involved in
things which provide equal services/protections to EACH-AND-EVERY-SINGLE
citizen.

Government does NOT do its' job when it takes religions marriage and
redefines it for a minority which break the very meaning of the word
(indeed, it breaks the separation of church and states powers from the
get-go ...)

What is "good for the country" is good for ALL peoples (poor, rich,
educated, uneducated, white, black, young, old, etc.), what is good for
a minority is NOT good for the country.

Government should be like toilet paper, it is appreciated by all and
servers all equally well ... grin

Regards,
JS