Old November 29th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans
Kurt_Lochner Kurt_Lochner is offline

Default The Separation of Church and State in America Today.,

David Hartung wrote:

Kurt_Lochner wrote:

David Hartung wrote:

Kurt_Lochner wrote:

David Hartung wrote:

Kurt_Lochner wrote:

David Hartung deleted:

Kurt_Lochner restored the original text/context:

David Hartung wrote:

Kurt_Lochner wrote:

David Hartung wrote:

- - - - - - - - - --
The original claim was not that these men are building empires,
but that the Republicans had the corner on Christianity,

Ask yourself this.. How many non-christians are involved
in the Republican party? Are they a majority, or a minority..

--Get back to me when you can quibble that..

From what I have seen, non-Christians are a majority of both parties.

That presupposes that the so-called "christians" involved in both the
GOP and 'evangelical' churches aren't really "christians", correct?

I gave you a response based upon my own observation

Somehow, your 'observations' are not of an objective observer,
at least in my experiences, David. Having experienced the
results of 'religious politics' here in Oklahoma, I have a
little more than most to say about that, too..

My observations were never meant to be objective.

So I've pointed out, in many instances and postings..

But then neither are yours.

Incorrect. My training, education and experience requires
a great deal of dispassionate observation technique..

You would be hard-pressed to prove otherwise, to be certain..

All of which you seem to put aside when engaging in political discourse.

That would again be a negative claim on your behalf..

Example follows..

Here is an article which goes into the subject in some detail:

http://tinyurl.com/6ktvtk

An evangelical press association member, eh?

--As such, I do not trust their statistics. or numbers..

Your choice

Indeed, and it's the result of critical reasoning..

--You should try it sometime..

Something which you have never demonstrated.

That would be a 'negative claim', yet another example of your
partisan blindness in fact. Have you even approached a textbook
on the subject of logic and critical reasoning?

--That would also require a library card, if necessary for more study..

something which I have possessed and used for the past 40 years.

So, would you prefer an ISBN number to search for the textbook I've
been working from for the past dozen years, I'm certain it's been
reprinted a couple of times since I took those classes..

--Or, will a simple title/author be sufficient in this case?